Pac Man Sleeping Bag
Pac Man Sleeping Bag
Later this week we’re giving away 2 copies of Garbage Pail Kids.
Image courtesy of Branded in The ’80s
Clarissa and Sam from Clarissa Explains it All
Usually the thought of your cute neighbor breaking into your bedroom via a ladder and a cool guitar riff would be either incredibly romantic or incredibly creepy, depending on the circumstance. The laid-back, lovable Sam ended up being neither; though he and Clarissa went on exactly one date during the show’s run, they knew that they were much better as best friends. Great for us, because if they broke up, who would they both get to coordinate all those eclectic, mismatching outfits with?
Shopping Spree Contests
I must have endured absolute failure in at least 20 different versions of Toys “R” Us shopping spree contests as a kid. The concept just never got old. It still hasn’t.
Every time one of them popped up, I’d lose myself for hours in daydreams about zipping through toy aisles with overstuffed carts. Thoughts like those were as close to getting high as most eight-year-olds ever came.
A few years ago, I actually went on my own little Toys “R” Us shopping spree. Sure, it was my own money, and sure, I was around twenty years too old to be doing it with any degree of reason. Still had fun, and still love my giant, rubber, two-headed dragon.
Dancing Rope Guy
Another “Dirty Dancing” Remake? Sure, Why Not! [Film Drunk]
“Rugrats” and ”Hey Arnold”: Coming Soon to a Theatre Near You [Popwatch]
The Guttenberg Bible is an Actual Book [Amazon]
“In Living Color” Cast Reuniting, Mostly Wayans [Huffpo]
Daughter from “Gimme a Break” is a Cartoon [KCRW]
Barbie’s Abandoned Family Members [Buzzfeed]
OK Computer Floppy Disk [Retronaut]
Breaking Roxette News [The Daily Roxette]
Howard The Duck Cards
Ernie and Bert
3. Heathers: After the release of “Teenage Suicide (Don’t Do It),” what social cause did Big Fun promote, and was the band’s turbulent story ever chronicled on an episode of VH1’s Behind the Music?
4. Dazed and Confused: After Mitch grew up and had children, how many Foghat reunion tours did he force them to attend as a family?
5. Clueless: What percentage of the Pismo Beach disaster victims took up skiing?
6. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off: After stealing Seurat’s Un dimanche après-midi à l’Île de la Grande Jatte, was Cameron arrested or did he flee the country, never to be heard from again?
9. Scream: After their daughter’s brutal murder, did Casey’s parents stop buying Jiffy Pop, or did they buy it even more frequently because its smell made them feel like Casey was alive again?
I wrote this One Last Thing for The Awl and you should take a few seconds and read it!