Molly Ringwald on Her Favorite Movie, '80s Wormholes and more
1) You have been in so many classics. Which is your favorite? Which was the most fun to be in?
Breakfast Club was my favorite. Sixteen Candles was the most fun
2) Do you still keep in touch with any of your co-stars from the Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, etc? If so, who?
I see them all from time to time but not every day. Weirdly, I was having dinner with Bret Easton Ellis who I hadn’t seen in a decade. We were seated at the Chef’s table when we saw James Spader touring the kitchen. I think it was surreal for everyone involved, like a wormhole from the eighties opened up.
3) Most insane fan encounter, both when you were a huge star in the 80s and now as folks run into their teen crush?
When I was sixteen a fan tried to give me his brand new car. I was psyched but my mom wouldn’t let me take it. At a book signing last year, a woman literally handed me her baby. Yeah.
4) Can you tell us where you stumbled across the fountain of youth being that you look as if you have not aged a day?
That’s very sweet. I have good genes. (Thanks, mom!)
5) How did you discover Reddit? My friend and current typist Dan. He is now regretting it.
Do you have mid 1980’s footage and images from toy stores featuring Transformers toys? A reporter is doing a story on influence of toys on people’s development and growth with a focus on Hasbro’s Transformers toy line.
Requirements: Any region, country, town works for me. Ideally original video footage, news footage, even still images.
"I’m trying to remember the name of this show. There were three guys who had these vehicle exo suits. One guy was flying based (like airplanes), one marine (like subs) and one land (like motorcycles). They had these suits beamed on to them from a lady who lived in a satellite"
"I remember watching a show on a vhs tape my parents had. It was definitely taped from tv in the late 80’s or early 90’s. It was a cartoon that took place in a desert, with dinosaurs and guys on 4 wheelers and jeeps. I watched the tape until it actually broke and I have no idea what it was called."